Sunday, August 23, 2020

Claire Baxter Productions - Scene Two

Scene 2


Disclaimer:  Parts of the dialogue are direct lifts from the movie:


Claire made her way back to her suite, it was starting to get dark, she thought her meeting had
gone well and assumed they would be starting in the morning, but as she opened the door of
her suite she smiled. 

‘It appears we're starting now.’

Her suite had been transformed while she was away, Claire recognized the scene. Walking
over to the closet she opened the doors and smiled. 

‘Its nice to have a choice. The original was great and I may go for it, but some of these are quite
tempting,’ she thought as one hand trailed along the garments as she walked. ‘Yes, all quite
nice but I feel better with what I know and of course a few surprises,’ she added as she moved
to her own suitcase and accessory bag and went to work.

‘Not bad, it should do the trick, now to put other things to rights.’

Claire moved about elegantly setting up the scene, her scene, the way she thought it would
play out but with a twist that only she knew.  Satisfied everything was in order she relaxed and
waited for the doorbell to ring.

‘You don’t waste any time do you,’ Claire, aka Francesca Madeiros

‘Looks like you started without me,’ Jaden answered as he came inside and Claire closed the
door.

‘I like to be at my best, what’s on your mind?’ she asked. 

‘I certainly enjoyed our conversation earlier,’ he said.

‘So much so you’re here for more.’

‘I thought I’d like to know you better.’

‘I hear that a lot baby, it usually ends in a struggle,’ Claire smiled while looking at at him from
her dressing table applying lipstick while he watched a seduction trick men find hard to resist. 

Just as he was getting close Claire (Francesca) exited from her chair and pivoted around, her
arms sweeping up and around his neck.

‘Look darling I did something for you by coming here, now you do something for me,’ Claire
said.

‘With pleasure,’ he enthused, taking the meaning to be a kiss as he moved closer.

‘No, that’s not it maybe later,’ she teased with a smile and broke the embrace. 

‘Right now, right now, I need you to tell me who else is here?’ she asked.

‘Don’t you know or can you guess,’ he responded, playing it cool.

‘It’s going be like that is it,’ Claire smiled as she moved about the perimeter of the room letting
him have a good look at her nightgown as she made her way to the small bar.

‘If I knew I wouldn’t be asking, one of us knows the danger of this game, the other I think just
thinks it's a game. Care for a drink?’ she asked.  

‘No thanks, I’m not too fond of chlorohydrate as a chaser.’

‘Suit yourself,’ Claire honeyed as she pushed a button and the shears closed around the
windows. ‘Right, so much for that,’ she added as he walked away and she moved after him.
‘Now, it is late,’ came her answer as she touched his arm halting his progress and turning him
into her waiting arms.  

The kiss was wonderful, slow and easy, each finding an ease in the other. Claire went back for
a second, deviating from the story, as they were about to embrace she heard a clearing of a
throat.

‘Hold it right there!’

‘Hold what right where,’ Claire answered with a smile as she turned around to see a woman
hold a gun pointed at her in the open patio door.  

‘Cute, come over here Jaden,’ she said waving the gun.

‘Seems we’re both after the same man,’ Claire mused.

Claire observed her foe.  She was not dressed as Sheila Sommers, it seems that was reserved
for Claire.  She was however leggy and pretty in a dangerous way.

‘You’re goon failed to get me. Well I may not be as well, let's just say, robust, as you,’ the
woman said waving the gun sideways to indicate Claire’s breasts. ‘I make up for it in other
ways.’

Jaden came up a step and stood beside her. 

‘How much did you see?’ he asked.

‘Enough,’ she answered leaning over and kissing him.

Claire smiled as she put down her drink. 

‘Pity, we would have made a better team Jaden, each looking out for the other, just as I did for
you,’ Claire smiled.

‘What do you mean,’ he asked.

‘Right about now your so called partner is mentally counting down the seconds till her
poisonous lipstick takes effect,’ Claire noted.  ‘Pity little girl it won’t happen. You see I got the
first kiss in,’ Claire smiled.

‘Perhaps, but I’m still holding a gun and well not as rewarding it does the job all the same,’
the woman retorted.

Claire tilted her head just a little in acknowledgement, her earrings sparkling in the light for
just a moment. 

‘That’s that,’ Claire said as the woman fell to the floor.

He jumped away from the body and toward Claire who took his hand.

‘I think you need this drink more than I do,’ she said putting the tumbler in his hand.

Claire took the moment to walk over and retrieve the gun. ‘Cute and feminine I suppose, but a
bit too much so for me, I prefer a basic black model, goes with any outfit,’ she quipped. 
‘Oh baby, you’re still not looking so good, let me explain, maybe that will help, she said,
slipping her arms around his neck. ‘You see I’m really the ICE Agent, she was a cleaver plant,
a look alike for the real agent. Her mission was to convince you to be her partner again, after
all you had history with her as I understand, then to find the spaceship, kill Ortega, then kill you. 
She got all the information she needed earlier in the evening when she disappeared for 10
minutes or so.  I watched her make contact with the brewery manager.  She killed Ortega, then
his goon and now she was here to kill you and I, me with this gun and you with a kiss,’
Claire explained as she put down the gun, returned to the woman and picked up her small
clutch.

‘Nice design, she certainly did like pink. The rings are detachable, nice brass knuckles,
this diamond arrangement undoes here turning this into a garotte device, but it's what’s inside
that I’m after, yes here,’ she said holding up a lipstick tube. ‘Recognize the mark on the bottom?’
Claire asked him and he shook his head.

'Trident is their name and she was one of their agents. This shade is called Lethal Lavender
if I remember correctly, quick and silent, its kills in the sweetest of means. Fortunately, I got to
you first.  I thought she would try something intimate, after all the jealousy of finding you in
another woman’s arms, well she’d want to claim her prize back and complete the mission,
two for the price of one, so to speak.  My shade, code named Salmon Seal, forms a protective
membrane on my lips and anyone I kiss, her poisonous lipstick was blocked by my
administrations,’ Claire explained holding her lipstick case so he could see the ICE logo for
their spy organisation. 

‘But how did you kill her?’ he asked.

‘Oh that, simple baby. My earrings, as heavy and cumbersome as they are they serve a
purpose. Concealed in each earring is a poison dart, instant and fatal, as you can see,
activated by a touch to my bra here,’ she explained.

'Trident plays for keeps, but so do I,’ Claire added as ehe picked up a towel from her vanity
and wiped his lips. ‘There, good as new, now where were we, ah yes,’ she smiled, cinched her
arms around his neck and kissed him again.

‘What about her?’ he said as they pulled apart.

‘She’s not going anywhere, have her removed,’ Claire answered as she led him to the
bedroom.  ‘If you want we can roll play the scene again they way it was in the movie, but ad lib
it without the interruption. You can even tear my negligee if you want.’









No comments:

Post a Comment