Monday, April 20, 2015

Of Spiders and Snakes

The third and final 'themed' story I wrote for the other group I mentioned in my first post.  This one finds Claire in Brazil on assignment.


Of Spiders & Snakes

They were right; stealing the software had been the easy part, getting away was proving to be much harder!  Twelve hand-to-hand battles from the computer lab to at present the warehouse had left Claire Baxter C.O.I.L. Agent tried and hurt, but she still had the disk and they were still after her.  The seemingly endless corridors of containers would provide an excellent hiding place to rest and gather her thoughts for what she knew were more battles to come.  Sure enough, approaching footsteps snapped her back to reality; rest would have to wait for another time.  She lithely danced into a shadowy corner her black cat suit melting into the darkness.  Executing a handstand she waited for her prey to get within striking distance for a quick and silent kill.
Two constricting thighs wrapped around the guards’ neck at the same instance as two arms encircled his legs.  Her legs drew inwards, increasing the pressure on her victim.  No chance to scream for help, Claire had his face tight against her body, sensing her prey weakening she rocked him off his feet, onto the concrete floor they fell with the guard on his back and Claire on top.  Normally she would enjoy this moment, slowly increasing the pressure, but at the present time was against her.  A quick twist of her hips ended the struggle as the guard fell motionless.  Unlocking her death grip she got to her feet.
  “One more down, more to come,” she thought. 
 That proved to be her last conscious thought a sharp rap to the back of her head and inky blackness overcame her as she fell to the floor.
Claire snapped awake.  Nothing usually surprised her, she’d been an agent for a while, the bizarre for most people was ordinary for her, but even this caught her up.  Standing in front of her was a man in his late twenties/early thirties (a very handsome man she thought) about six feet two with sandy blond hair.  The shock was that he had six arms; Claire recalled the Indian statues of Vishnu as a direct reference.  She also noticed that her entire body had been spun into a form-fitting cocoon of webbing and for good measure she’d been placed at the centre of a large spider’s web a few inches off the floor.  She tugged and pulled her limbs but could not budge them in the slightest.
“You’ve been placed in there for your own good.  You were pretty badly hurt when I brought you here.  That webbing has healing properties that will help with your recovery,” the stranger stated.

“Who are you and where is here and are you the one who knocked me out?” Claire asked irritably.
 “My name is Marcus Ardvitsen.  Here is two hundred feet below the warehouse in a natural cave system, my home and yes I was the one who knocked you out.” 
Claire made to open her mouth to ask another question but before she could he continued. 
 “If I hadn’t rendered you unconscious Miss. Baxter our mutual enemy DOOM would have caught you in the next minute or so.”
This was getting all too much for Claire to comprehend at once; he saw her exasperated expression and moved to fill in the gaps. 
 “As I was saying, we have a mutual enemy in DOOM; I was doing research work into electronic security systems for the E- banking industry when they approached me to work for them against the very systems I was trying to create.  I refused their offers several times, I told my colleagues about it and was advised to go to the authorities with it, before I could I was kidnapped and taken here to Rio.  The result is what you see before you.” 
He moved his arms to indicate the obvious.  “They spliced my DNA with that of a spider and then sent pictures of me to my associates as a warning against further resistance.  My career as a researcher they thought was over, however I escaped, came here and have been working against them in my small way ever since.  They should have killed me when they had the chance because their experiments, however inhuman have actually made me a stronger more versatile adversary than I ever was without the spider DNA.  As for knowing your name that was supplied by C.O.I.L. when I uploaded the disk you had. 
Claire finally managed to get a quick question in.
 “How do you know whom I work for,” she said. 
“That was a logical deduction, who else but C.O.I.L. would have the resources and the skill to infiltrate a stronghold of DOOM I uploaded the disk to your organisation little by little piggybacking it on outgoing e-mails from our friends above.  Each packet contained a piece of the data and a separate address, insignificant in and of itself but slowly the receiver gets all the pieces and puts the message together with our friends from above being no wiser,” he glibly stated.  “Once they had the data and an address to send a message back they did so, informing me of who you are.  I have also informed them that you are safe and well.” 
 “And what did they say to that?” Claire asked.
“To stay where you are and they will contact you soon,” Marcus answered.
  Claire strained at the webbing.
 “Not much chance of me going anywhere, is there?” 
 Walking over to a desk in the corner of the room Marcus pulled open a drawer and took out a pair of scissors and a blanket.  Walking over to the web her started to cut the cocoon off Claire’s arms, once done he pulled them out gently and massaged some life back into her arms, she couldn’t help but notice his gentle and soothing touch.  Once Claire’s arms were free he handed her the scissors and taking the blanket held it up to shield his view from her.
 “Please cut yourself free and take the blanket to cover yourself with.  I’m sorry but I had to spin you into the cocoon naked in order for the webbing to have the maximum healing effect,” he said rather embarrassingly. 
Claire listened as she cut, she noticed that all her cuts had healed completely and no bruises were to be seen.  Massaging her legs she stepped out and pulled the blanket about her. 
 “I left you some clothes and you can take a shower if you wish,” Marcus said motioning to a door. 
“Once your done just come this way and I’ll have some food ready for you, you must be hungry you’ve been asleep seventy-two hours.”
The hot shower helped to invigorate her it also gave her time to be alone with her thoughts.  Those thoughts however kept working their way back to her host.  Each time it happened she snapped her head back to attention, getting attached to people in her line of work or even being attracted to them almost always ended badly, usually for both parties. 
 “Push those feelings down and bury them!” she commanded herself.
Claire ate her food in silence.  Finishing she walked over to a terminal Marcus was working at and asked.
 “Why did you save me, you might have been caught yourself?” she asked in a soft voice.
  “If they’d caught you who knows what they would have done to you, I couldn’t have lived with myself if I hadn’t done something.  I may sound kind of corny but we all need a friend now and then at that time it was more important to be your friend that to worry about what might happen,” he answered back tenderly.
  “You won’t always be there, on my next mission I may end up in a similar situation, so in a sense you’ve just delayed what may happen.  Besides I’ve escaped some interesting situations in the past, but I do thank you for this one,” she answered equally as tenderly giving his shoulder a little squeeze in the process.
 Again those emotions started to bubble to the surface; this time pushing them down got a little harder! 
 “Perhaps I can’t prevent something in the future, but maybe I can give you an advantage over it,” he answered hopefully. 
 “How so?” Claire questioned. 
 Reaching into a drawer on the monitor table and pulling out a black object he said.
 “DOOM didn’t count on my genetic alteration being of any benefit, they saw it only as punishment, your new cat suit,” he said proudly.  “I spun it myself; no liquid or object can penetrate it.  It can’t be cut.  It will keep your body cool when the temperature is hot and vice versa.  Spider’s silk has one hundred times the strength of steel; it will provide you protection your old suit couldn’t.  This is a spool of the webbing you were spun into, it can’t be cut except under extreme pressure, I’m sure you could find uses for it,” he said smiling.  “Maybe we can’t put DOOM out of business, but perhaps we can hurt them a little more,” he added.
Feelings are hard things to control, no matter how hard you try or how hard you’re trained to try.  Claire bend over and kissed him on the cheek, once, then twice and then their lips found each other.  Several wonderful embraces later Marcus pulled away. 
 “Stop, this is wrong, you see what kind of a man I am!” he blurted out.
  Claire wasn’t going to be as easily discouraged as that, she let her hand trail down to between his legs.
 “Judging by your reaction I’d say you were a perfectly normal man,” she said smiling.
Their mouths found each other again, tongues frantically probed and touched, hands slide over each other and clothes were torn from each other, it was frenzied and wonderful Claire recalled later.  After the seventh time she stopped counting.  The sensations of having six arms caress you all at once was beyond her power to express, touches, feelings, yearnings were all heightened as he ran his hands over the wonderful softness of Claire’s body.   Suspended in his arms they coupled again, exquisite pleasure shot through her.  She’d made love many times in the past but nothing could compare to this and the growing feelings she was having towards Marcus.
After they had spent each other they collapsed in each other’s arms.  You are constantly told as an agent not to develop feelings for anybody!  She knew that was true and what see was doing was wrong, very wrong, and bound to get her in trouble.  She went to push away from Marcus having made up her mind, but instead found herself drawing closer. 
 “Just because somebody tells you something doesn’t make it right,” she thought, a smile crossing her face as she drew a little closer to her lover.
Marcus nudged Claire awake.
 “You’ve got an e-mail,” he said softly. 
She quickly pulled on clothes and followed him to the computer terminal. 
 “I’ll just be over here,” he said, moving to step away from the terminal.
 She reached out and gently took hold of his arm.
 “No you have every right to see this as well,” she said emphatically. 
 “But I don’t have any clearance or whatever you call it in the spy game,” he countered.
 “No you don’t have clearance, but you have my trust and that’s more important, stay,” she said in a commanding but somehow caring tone. 
 After calling it up and reading it through they started to discuss it. Marcus started.
“So you have the disk with all the schematics, but not the emerald which is the power amplification source, that is in the hands of another C.O.I.L. agent in Sao Paulo, who it now appears is trying to sell the jewel to DOOM.” 
“That, professor sums it up completely,” she added. 
“What are you going to do?” Marcus asked, not really wanting to hear the answer.
  “The e-mail only said to get the jewel.  “It means how I get it back is completely up to me, as long as I do it.  It also means that my so called superiors have no idea how to do it,” she said sarcastically.
“So do you have an idea?” he questioned.
“I’m going to offer to sell the disk along with the emerald to DOOM that way we can both increase our payday,” she stated flippantly.
 “I’ve only known you a short time but I can tell you’re lying,” Marcus stated. 
 “It’s the only way to draw Chris out; he’s the other C.O.I.L. agent.  I’ve worked with him in the past and he’s just greedy enough to go for it.  I’ll get the emerald from him and finish the assignment,” Claire stated coolly. 
“There seem to be a few steps missing in that plan don’t you think?” he said dubiously.
“Like what?” she said trying hard too not sound annoyed.
“Like what if he doesn’t want to deal with you and decides to kill you in order to increase his share,” Marcus sounded in an exasperated tone.
 “Then I guess I’ll just have to kill him before he kills me,” she said smartly. 
 She saw another question coming and headed it off. 
“It’s the only way now, he’s decided to sell out, right away that makes him a liability.  He knows too much about C.O.I.L., he can jeopardise lives all over the world, including mine!”
Marcus thought for a few seconds and he had to agree it was the only way, even if he didn’t like the possible outcome. 
“However, I still don’t think it’s as easy as you think it’s going to be.  He’s a trained agent to, he’s going to suspect something and he’ll know your tricks and will be on alert for them!” 
 “A woman agent is ten times more resourceful and deadlier than any male agent.  Besides, I have a few tricks that he doesn’t know about and I’m always coming up with new ones.  However, just to be sure I want you to doctor the disk,” she stated.
“How?” he asked. 
 “Remove a small but completely vital part of the schematics so if in the oft chance I fail,” she saw his face twist in terror at the thought. 
 Walking over she put her arms around his neck and added.
“Don’t worry, I won’t, I’m a professional”. 
 “So is he!” he thought as he pulled her close.
Claire sent a sent a few more e-mails arranging or her arrival in Sao Paulo.  She knew that some of the e-mails would find there way to Chris and that he in turn would find his way to her.  While she did this Marcus altered the disk as requested.  Claire packed up a few things, ate a little and then was ready to go.
 “One final thing I need to say to you.  You can’t worry about me because that will play on my mind when I need to focus on the mission.  I don’t say this to be mean, but you will not be on mine, not because I don’t love you, but because I do, and if I let you in a little there’s a chance I’ll make a mistake and the you’ll never see me again!  Promise me this and I hope you understand.”
  He took her in is arms and gently kissed her forehead.
“I understand and I won’t worry, I promise,” was all he said as he led the way to the surface.
A short commuter flight to Sao Paulo and a quick cab ride later found Claire soaking in the bathtub in her luxury Cabana. The portable receiver rang; reaching down she picked up the handset. 
 “Chris, I thought you’d never call?  Yes I have it; do you have the emerald?  Well now I think the price just may have doubled, you may be right, tripled then.  Of course we’re 50/50 partners!  I agree we should meet.  Ok, that’s fine and then we can come back to my place to, shall we say consummate the partnership.  Bye.”
Claire got out of the water, dried and went to the closet to pick out her arsenal for the meeting.  If she remembered correctly Chris liked the colour yellow on women.  The meeting went as planned and they agreed to put the merchandise in a safety deposit box each keeping one of the two keys needed to open it.  The yellow dress did the trick for Claire, Chris was still guarded but her charms and the dress were breaking them down!  They drove back to her place.  She told him to fix her a drink while she got ready exiting to the bedroom.  If the yellow dress damaged his defences what emerged from the bedroom totally destroyed them!  Claire stood in the doorway wearing a white voile negligee that flowed over her body frosting its deliciousness.  As she walked toward him it swayed and flowed with her, it left nothing and everything to the imagination at the same time.  Melting into his body her arms encircled his neck.  He ran his hands over the curves of her hips moving the gauzy fabric in wisps as he did.  The effect of the negligee was completely mesmerising, she held him in her spell.  Tightening her embrace round his neck, her breasts pushed against his chest as she moved her lips against his.  Rotating her pelvis around his enlarged member only served to pull him further into her seduction.  Claire languished in his arms for several more kisses, then pulling away she walked toward the bedroom trailing a look over her shoulder. He followed close on her heels, completely under her spell.  Sitting down at the dressing table she picked up a lipstick and began to coat her lips.
“I don’t think so Claire!” Chris stated. 
“Don’t think what?” she answered. 
 “I though you were less obvious than that, applying a poisonous lipstick in front of me and then thinking I was going to fall willingly into your arms again for a fatal embrace from you.”
 Turning her around to face him he continued.
“I think our partnership is off, I can’t trust you, in fact I think I’m going to have..” 
 He never finished the sentence.  Claire reached out and pushed him backward on the bed. Getting up from the chair and leaning over him she proceeded to pull a needle out of his neck. 
 “A paralysing dart fired from my lipstick, you see a weapon can have more than one use,” she purred.
  Reaching into his pocket Claire took the deposit box key. 
 “Your right darling our partnership is dissolved.” 
 She bent down and kissed him.
 “Like I said, a weapon can have more than one use, the lipstick is poisonous.” 
 She walked out of the bedroom closing the door behind her.
“Congratulations Claire,” a voice said.  Turning she saw a woman standing at the front door.
 “Do I know you,” Claire asked causally, tensing however all the time she said it.
“Anna Pimentel, DOOM agent at your service. Please give me the keys for the deposit box now.”
  “You want it you can come and get it,” Claire countered and readied herself for combat. 
 Anna cat like stepped towards Claire and went right to the offensive.  Claire blocked all the punches and kicks Anna could muster with wisp like manoeuvres as her voile negligee flowed in the air.  Anna delivered a spinning heel kick towards Claire’s head.  Jerking her head back to avoid the blow Claire now had her opening as the missed kick left Anna off balance.  Claire went to raise her leg to deliver a deadly inside crescent kick only to find she couldn’t lift it off the floor.  Anna took advantage as Claire looked down; punching to the stomach and then throwing Claire over her shoulder with Judo toss to the carpet.  Normally Claire would be on her feet instantly, however she found to her astonishment that she could not rise that easily.  She slowly struggled to her feet only to be punched in the kidneys, the blow forcing her to her knees, this time she could not get back to her feet.  It was after the pain had cleared from the blow that she heard Anna’s derisive laugh.
 “Let me explain, that deadly piece of lingerie that help you to kill Chris has been sprayed with an interesting chemical that causes the garment to become extremely sticky.  When Chris called you we traced the call, after you left I let myself in.  It was extremely helpful of you leave the negligee out, it made my job so much easier.  Either Chris would kill you or you would kill Chris, it didn’t matter it was my job to take care of the survivor.  DOOM doesn’t like to pay for anything it can acquire for free.  I’m curious Claire, how did you kill him?  Poison, that’s my guess, or perhaps you applied one of your fatal yoga holds on him.  I understand that they are quite impossible to extricate ones self from once you’ve applied it.  I’ll just leave you to struggle while I get the keys.”
On her knees Claire continued to twist and writhe.  She was a fly trapped in a web, the more she tried to escape the more entangled she became, but she couldn’t stop trying to free herself.  The deadly effectiveness of her weapon had been turned against her.  The flowing wispy voile now clung to her mercilessly as the folds of extra material layered themselves together drawing her into a tighter trap.
Presently Anna returned to the room.
 “If you were thinking of trying to cut your way out, think again.  Your nails would not be able to, the chemical also acts to strengthen the material it comes into contact with, so your vaulted nails will do you no good this time,” Anna said triumphantly. 
It was as if a spider’s web blanket had been spun around her, sheer and sticky. Parts of her body were visible as only a single layer of the voile clung to her whereas other areas were completely white as the material had layered over several times in her frantic escape attempts.  Smaller and smaller became the package Claire was trapped in, she’d started on her knees, but now she was lying on her back, her legs bent at the knees drawn up underneath her, her arms pinned behind her as well.  Her once thrashing movements had been reduced to struggling movements to finally now little flexes and even they were getting fewer.  After several more minutes the fly was bound tight and helpless, further body movements were impossible.  Claire lay still on the floor, arms and legs drawn up her back, the fly was completely secured in his web.
“I have the keys and I have you, however I’m not finished with you yet. Since your going nowhere at the present time I will be, I will however return in a few hours to finish the job,” Anna said smiling fatally at her captive. 
 Clare lay there her sheer garment taut on her body; all she could do was wait for Anna’s return and hope for a break.  In the meanwhile her muscles were beginning to cramp, no doubt her adversary knew this, hence the delay.  She would be severally weakened after several hours and thus much easier to manipulate.  To combat the onslaught on cramps Claire gently moved her toes and fingers thereby keeping the feeling in her limbs much the same way soldiers do when on parade, meanwhile she waited.  Anna’s return later found Claire in the same position she’d left her. 
 “Now Claire its time for you to answer a few questions,” her voice threatened. 
 She bent down over Claire’s head, looking over her face, placing her hands one on each side of Claire’s neck and applied pressure.  Wincing in pain, but unable to thrash her body to relieve it she heard Anna say.
“Tell me the names and locations of C.O.I.L. agents operating in this area and I’ll release my grip,” Anna said softly. 
 “Go to hell!” Claire’s reply screamed out amidst the pain.
  After ten minutes of constant pressure to Claire’s neck with no success Anna released the hold.  “It’s clear I need to apply pain in several areas of your body at once to induce you,” Anna said as she walked over to a black satchel she’d brought back with her.  Taking out a series of metal poles she proceeded to connect them end to end.  The top and the bottom poles had wrist and ankle straps attached.  Taking a spray can from the satchel she returned to Claire.
  “This device works on a spring mechanism, once it’s started in unwinds inside the pole stretching its occupant slightly with each revolution.  The result after a while I’m sure you can guess?’
Holding up a spray can she continued.
 “This is the solvent to free you from my web, only temporarily, one tight spot for another,” she laughed.
This would be the only chance Claire would get to escape, as the agent from the spray can took effect she could feel the webbing release its hold.  Anna took Claire’s arms and stretched them above her head. 
 “Wait,” Claire thought, “Wait.” 
Anna moved to Claire’s legs and as she began to pull them straight Claire flicked her leg connecting with Anna’s shoulder and knocking her of balance.  Quickly rolling away from both the device and her capture Claire pushed to her knees and rapidly stripped on her negligee in case it reverted back to its former immobilising trap.  Unable at the present time to get to her feet she thrust her arms outward and assumed a fighting position.  Recovering Anna advanced on Claire, “Nice try my dear but the time for games has past,” she said.  Claire wondered if her earlier martial arts battle was an indication of their comparative skills or was Anna just holding back to get Claire caught in the webbing.  One way or the other she was going to find out now!  Anna jumped at Claire with a spinning heel kick, which she blocked with ease.  Switching the attack Anna let lose with a series of rapid fire kicks to Claire’s side.  Unable to block all the blows she absorbed several to both sides causing her arms to fall by the wayside.  Seeing the opening Anna spun to deliver a knockout blow with her foot to Claire’s now unprotected head.  At the last second Claire bent forward and Anna’s leg sailed over her harmlessly.  With her opponent of balance from the missed blow Claire had her chance.  The combat had got her adrenaline flowing and her legs responded.  Sweeping a leg out she hammered Anna at the back of the knee, her legs gave out beneath her as she crumpled to the carpet her back to Claire.  A series of rapid punches to the small of her back left her prostate on the floor.  Claire slowly rose to her feet and circled to the side of Anna.  The DOOM agent made one last attempt to get to her feet, Claire watched her and just as she was about to Claire swept the legs out from under her sending Anna back to the floor in further pain.  One final blow from Claire to Anna’s ribs sent her onto her stomach. 
 “You asked me earlier how I killed Chris, you were right, it was poison, but for you I’ll think yoga will be more interesting,” she said her voice positively dripping with venom. 
 Claire fell on top of her victim and began to intricately entangle her arms and legs into Anna.  Once completed Claire rolled on to her back taking her immobilised prey with her.
 “This hold is called The Swarm because every part of it can sting independently or all at once.  Even the slightest movement of my wrist or ankle will cause you incredible torment, let me demonstrate.” 
 Claire moved her ankle almost imperceptibly and pain shot through Anna’s body. 
 “This can be fast or slow, the wonderful thing about your entanglement is it requires almost no effort on my part to hold you in it, your own body works against you.  Time for another demonstration I think,” Claire purred. 
 This time she moved parts of her arms and legs and pain surged in Anna and reflected on her face.
 “Where are the items,” Claire demanded applying pressure again. 
 Anna refused for several more minutes, but Claire knew it was only a matter of time
.  “There at my place in the fountain at the centre of my backyard,” Anna finally gasped out between pain spasms.
  After getting the directions to her place Claire rolled Anna over onto her stomach and released her.  However, unlike her defeated prey she immediately put Anna into the device she had intended for Claire.  Picking up the phone she place a call. 
 “Two for pickup, no there’s no hurry.”  Hanging up she turned to Anna.
 “ I’ll leave you to your fate, whichever way it works out.”
Going into the bedroom she changed into her new cat suit.  She was amazed the way it stretched to allow her to put it on and the way it enclosed around her body; it felt like a second skin.  Retrieving the car keys from Chris’s pocket she left the Cabana to complete her assignment.
Finding Anna’s house after a 45-minute drive up a lonely road she parked the car and cautiously entered the backyard via the left side of the house.  Passing through a large gate she started down the path towards the sound of bubbling water.  The colour and variety of plants was beyond description, red, yellow, blue and green were only a portion of the colours that confronted Claire.  Normally she would have enjoyed this, flowers being a passion of hers, but not at the present.  She kept a watchful eye as she made her way down the path.  The garden came right up and sometimes over the path in parts.  A variety of South American Spiked Violets rustled in the breeze, or so Claire assumed as she caught the sight out of the corner of her eye.  Suddenly a Spiked Violet stem caught her and snapped around her waist.  Instantly what seemed like hundreds of plants ensnared her body.  Claire strained to be free but the plants held her fast!  The as quick as it had happened the vines released her.  Claire, looking down saw that her cat suit was covered with hundreds of tiny spikes.  She pulled one out and examined it closely; the imbedded point was hollow.  A movement from the undergrowth snapped her back to attention; a vine was snaking out of it towards her.  Reacting quickly she moved down the path and out of the Violet patch coming to the fountain.  Sitting down on the edge she began to pull the rest of the spikes from her suit, all were exactly the same as the first one she had examined.
 “A carnivorous plant,” she thought. 
 “No doubt the needles contained some kind of poison to immobilise the prey and then the vine secured it for feeding; only the needles weren’t able to penetrate her new suit.”
Finally she pulled out the last of the spikes.  Reaching into the fountain she took out the emerald and the disk.  She placed the emerald inside her suit between her breasts for safekeeping.  The disk she smashed into small pieces not needing it.
“I’d better not go back the way I came, that might be tempting the fates a little,” she thought.
  Instead she went around the house on the other side.  No path existed on this side, only protruding tree roots that made footing treacherous.  Claire had to divide her concentration between keeping her footing and making sure nothing else caught her by surprise.  As careful as she was the divided senses caught her up and she misplaced a step, slipping off a root, coming unbalanced and tumbling into a soft mossy patch of ground.  She quickly recovered herself and came out of the patch, however so also brought an unwanted companion in the form of an Anaconda, which had encircled Claire’s right leg.
As Anaconda’s went it was only a small one, maybe twenty feet, more than enough to finish Claire with ease!  She looked for the head but the body of the snake had trailed off into the darkness.  The trailing serpent began to pull her; Claire braced her free leg to counter the pulling pressure.  Her leg muscles flexed and strained through the car suit as she tried to counter balance herself.  It required all her strength just to stay upright, then as quickly as the pulling had started it stopped.  A few seconds later Claire saw why.  Slowly the snake’s head appeared out of the darkness slithering toward her.  It came within a few feet of her, just out of reach, and then it made a circle around the base of her feet several times forming as yet used coils.  Satisfied with its preparations it decided to proceed to the kill.  In rapid succession the two loops came up her body and drew her legs together, one coil around her thighs the other around the calves.  Claire’s legs slammed together as the slack was immediately taken up the loose coils forming at her feet for another strike.  Unable to move she was ensnared in two more circles of muscle, this time around her shoulder and waist.  Claire managed to get her hands above her head just before the coil could permanently strap them to her sides.  Four bands of death were now wound around her.  Her deadly foe gave a quick jerk of its free body, Claire could not resist the pull of the creature and she fell to the ground helpless.
With its great muscles it moved Claire into its awaiting coils rolling her body into its bands of constriction.  It entwined her arms above her head to quell here frantic escape attempts.  Slowly now it proceeded to encircle and wind its prey up covering all parts of its victim until only the Anaconda showed around Claire.  It’s ensnaring of her complete it now started the make adjustments to her with its coils.  Claire flexed and twisted and writhed within her prison, her valiant escape attempts completely inadequate against her capture.  Slowly the Anaconda compressed her, its serpentine movements perfectly countering hers.  She knew she was trapped in an embrace of no escape!  Most of the 20 feet of snake held Claire now; only the head was visible to her as its rested directly above her eyes, which was the only part of her still visible beneath a sea of twisting green death.  Each time the muscles on the side of the snakes head twitched her entangle body lost a little more freedom, still despite this she continued to resist as best she could, but with ever decreasing efficiency.  Several minutes later her last attempt at escape exhausted she lay motionless in the Anacondas grip.
The serpent drew inward on her corkscrewing her body even tighter.  She felt her rib cage being drawn in with each inhale.  Lying motionless in her coffin of coils she starred at the sky and waited for it to end.  Another inward spiral caused her to moan, pain and pressure were now her constant companions.  The great killer cinched her and then adjusted her again within its tomb.  Her whole body was aflame with pain as her constant moaning attested to.  The only thing keeping her conscious was her will not to give in until the absolute end. 
 “Always make the opponent earn the victory,” she recalled.
  Her blanket of death rippled its coiled springs once more, the head of the serpent once level with hers was now three feet past her head, still she continued to be reduced under the mass of sinew.
“Come on! Come on!” Claire desperately thought between moans.  She had nothing left to resist with.
One more inward turn of her and then it stopped.  No new pressure or tightening, in fact if anything the coils had loosened around her.  Air filed into her lungs for the first time in minutes. 
“Thank God,” Claire thought.  “A minute longer and I wouldn’t be alive.”
The poison needles from the African Violets that could not penetrate her suit had instead coated it with their poison leaving the Anaconda to absorb it while it was trying to absorb her.  Claire wasn’t sure how long the drug would immobilise her capture and she didn’t want to wait around to find out!  Even with the coils loose it took about fifteen minutes to escape what until a little while ago had been inescapable.  Once free of the snake’s embrace she looked down and smiled.
“I’m starting to develop a taste for poison, two in one night.”
She made her way to the front of the house.  The car ride back to the Cabana was uneventful; both bodies were gone when she returned, one dead, the other soon to be.  She took a shower in the cat suit just to make sure she washed off any unused residual poison.  The next day she handed over the emerald to a C.O.I.L. courier and took the next flight back to Rio.
Marcus was deep in concentration as a silent intruder slide towards him.  He was still unaware when it struck…gently biting him on the back of the neck.  Slapping a hand to his neck he jumped in surprise and turned around.
“How did you get in here?  My security system should have warned me!”
“I am a spy,” she said smiling.  “We’ll fix it in the morning.”
“But,” he started to counter before Claire gently placed her fingers over his lips.
“Shhh,” and then she pulled him close, feeling the warmth and comfort of his arms.
After a few minutes she whispered warmly in his ear, “Take me into your parlour.”


THE END

No comments:

Post a Comment